- Birth Date
- 2 May 1827
- Death Date
- 10 September 1908
Elizabeth Hannah Parkes
She was listed on the ship manifest prepared by the Liverpool office of the British Mission as scheduled to sail on the ship Juventa in 1855. Listed with her were her mother, father, and her sister, Ann. Her mother died prior to the voyage so Elizabeth stayed in England for another year to settle her mother's estate. Her father and sister came ahead in 1855 as far as Mormon Grove where her father died. In 1856, Elizabeth sailed to America in 1856 on the ship Horizon and became a member of the Martin company.
- Age at Departure: 29
- 1900 Utah Census.
- "Elizabeth H. P. Higgs," Improvement Era , Oct. 1908, 982.
- Handcart Veterans Association. Handcart Veterans Association scrapbook, 1906-1914, folder 7.
- "Immigration to Utah," Deseret News, 15 October 1856, 254.
- Josiah Rogerson, "Strong Men, Brave Women and Sturdy Children Crossed the Wilderness Afoot," Salt Lake Tribune, 4 January 1914.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 30 November 1856, 7, 60.