- Birth Date
- About 1825
- Death Date
- September 1856
He was a crippled man. The company was slowed when he lagged behind on September 12. Southwell's account suggests that he may have died on September 18. His surname was also spelled "Pearce."
The 1856 Horizon ship manifest lists him as "Robert Pierce, a pedlar, from England."
- Age at Departure: 31
- Died en Route
- Handcart Veterans Association. Handcart Veterans Association scrapbook, 1906-1914, folder 7.
- "Immigration to Utah," Deseret News, 15 October 1856, 254.
- James G. Bleak journal, 1854 February-1860 February.
- John W. Southwell autobiographical sketch, 1912 September 28.
- Josiah Rogerson, "Strong Men, Brave Women and Sturdy Children Crossed the Wilderness Afoot," Salt Lake Tribune, 4 January 1914.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 30 November 1856, 7, 71.
- Liverpool Branch, Record of members collection, 1836-1970.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 248.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Samuel Openshaw diary, 1856 May-November, 3-10.
- Stella Jaques Bell, Life History and Writings of John Jaques: Including a Diary of the Martin Handcart Company (Rexburg, Idaho: Ricks College Press, 1978), 118-22, 129, 134-37, 140-41, 143-44, 150.
- William L. Spicer Binder biography and journal, undated, 8-19.