- Birth Date
- 22 December 1797
- Death Date
- 12 November 1856
He came with his family. Family sources state that he died at Devils Gate, but the Martin company was several days journey west of Devil's Gate on November 12.
The family sailed to America in 1856 on the ship Horizon.
- Age at Departure: 58
- Head of Household
- Died en Route
- Handcart Veterans Association. Handcart Veterans Association scrapbook, 1906-1914, folder 7.
- "Immigration to Utah," Deseret News, 15 October 1856, 254.
- Josiah Rogerson, "Strong Men, Brave Women and Sturdy Children Crossed the Wilderness Afoot," Salt Lake Tribune, 4 January 1914.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 30 November 1856, 7, 72.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 250.