- Birth Date
- 2 March 1837
- Death Date
- 25 December 1922
The family sailed to America in 1856 on the ship Horizon.
- Age at Departure: 19
- 1851 England and Wales Census.
- 1900 Utah Census.
- Benjamin Platt reminiscences, 1899-1905, 2-5.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Handcart Veterans Association. Handcart Veterans Association scrapbook, 1906-1914, folder 7.
- "Immigration to Utah," Deseret News, 15 October 1856, 254.
- Josiah Rogerson, "Strong Men, Brave Women and Sturdy Children Crossed the Wilderness Afoot," Salt Lake Tribune, 4 January 1914.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 30 November 1856, 70.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Bonds and Promissory Notes
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 264.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America