- Birth Date
- 10 May 1802
- Death Date
- 27 October 1856
Her daughter, Ann, received a ticket to board the Horizon, but passenger list records show that she did not disembark from the ship in America. Although family histories say that she and her brother, William, came to America and stayed in Boston to work, ship records indicate otherwise. They did not and were therefore in the Martin company.
- Age at Departure: 54
- Died en Route
- Durham, Thomas, Journal 1854-1871, 15-16.
- Handcart Veterans Association. Handcart Veterans Association scrapbook, 1906-1914, folder 7.
- Josiah Rogerson, "Martin's Handcart Company, 1856," Salt Lake Herald-Republican, 24 November 1907.
- Josiah Rogerson, "Strong Men, Brave Women and Sturdy Children Crossed the Wilderness Afoot," Salt Lake Tribune, 4 January 1914.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 30 November 1856, 70.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 238.