- Birth Date
- 8 May 1812
- Death Date
- March 1886
The family sailed to America in 1856 in the ship Horizon, and their name was listed as “Rumsden” on the ship manifest. Twelve-year-old Samuel also appears on the ship manifest with them, but we have not been able to confirm his arrival in Utah.
- Age at Departure: 44
- 1851 England and Wales Census.
- 1861 England and Wales Census.
- England Marriages, 1538-1973.
- Handcart Veterans Association. Handcart Veterans Association scrapbook, 1906-1914, folder 7.
- "Immigration to Utah," Deseret News, 15 October 1856, 254.
- Josiah Rogerson, "Strong Men, Brave Women and Sturdy Children Crossed the Wilderness Afoot," Salt Lake Tribune, 4 January 1914.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 30 November 1856, 7, 62.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 240.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America