- Birth Date
- 21 September 1803
- Death Date
- 5 October 1882
Elizabeth Georgiana Dale
Elizabeth Georgiana Read,
Elizabeth Georgiana Rodwell,
Elizabeth Georgiana Quilley
Elizabeth traveled with the Edward Martin Company. Near Council Bluffs, her husband and eldest son dropped out of the company to search for her missing son Walter. In 1858 she and her daughter Thisbe returned to Iowa to rejoin her husband and sons, returning in 1861.
Though both her death certificate and grave stone indicate a birth year of 1803
The family sailed to America in 1856 on the ship “Horizon.”
- Age at Departure: 52
- Age at Departure: 57
- "Died," The Deseret News [Weekly], 18 Oct. 1882, 31:624.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 30 November 1856, 66.
- Latter-day Saint Biographical Encyclopedia, Volume 2, p. 493.
- Mormon Trails Association, Utah Chapter Newsletter (fall 2002), p. [1-2]
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 252.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 272.
- "Read, Walter Pyrimus," [Biographical sketch], in Andrew Jenson, comp., Latter-day Saint Biographical Encyclopedia , 2:494.
- Treasures of Pioneer History, Volume 5, p. 269-270.