- Birth Date
- 21 September 1803
- Death Date
- 5 October 1882
Elizabeth Georgiana Read
Elizabeth Georgiana Dale,
Elizabeth Georgiana Rodwell,
Elizabeth Georgiana Quilley
Elizabeth traveled with the Edward Martin Company. Near Council Bluffs, her husband and eldest son dropped out of the company to search for her missing son Walter. In 1858 she and her daughter Thisbe returned to Iowa to rejoin her husband and sons, returning in 1861.
Though both her death certificate and grave stone indicate a birth year of 1803
The family sailed to America in 1856 on the ship “Horizon.”
- Age at Departure: 52
- Age at Departure: 57
- Andrew Jenson, "Arnold, Alicia Read," Latter-day Saint Biographical Encyclopedia, Volume 2 (Salt Lake City, Utah: The Andrew Jenson History Company, 1971), 493.
- Andrew Jenson, "Read, Walter Pyrimus," Latter-day Saint Biographical Encyclopedia: A Compilation of Biographical Sketches of Prominent Men and Women in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Volume 2 (Salt Lake City, Utah: The Andrew Jenson History Company, 1971), 494.
- "Died," The Deseret News [Weekly], 18 Oct. 1882, 31:624.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 30 November 1856, 66.
- Mormon Trails Association, Utah Chapter Newsletter (fall 2002), p. [1-2]
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 252.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 272.
- Treasures of Pioneer History, Volume 5, p. 269-270.