- Birth Date
- 17 March 1833
- Death Date
- 5 November 1856
He traveled with his sister, Elizabeth. Ship records mistakenly list her as his wife. On 5 November, his death date, the company was in Martin's Cove.
- Age at Departure: 23
- Head of Household
- Died en Route
- Beecroft, Joseph, Journals 1844-1883, reel 3, vol. 6, 42-54.
- Handcart Veterans Association. Handcart Veterans Association scrapbook, 1906-1914, folder 7.
- "Immigration to Utah," Deseret News, 15 October 1856, 254.
- Josiah Rogerson, "Strong Men, Brave Women and Sturdy Children Crossed the Wilderness Afoot," Salt Lake Tribune, 4 January 1914.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 30 November 1856, 7, 68.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 240.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-Day Saint Immigration to America