- Birth Date
- 27 September 1791
- Death Date
Sarah Moss Royle
An error in the 15 October 1856 Deseret News left the "o" out of her last name. Thus, on many subsequent lists of the Martin Company, she is listed as Sarah Ryle.
The 1856 Horizon ship manifest shows her as being a widow from England
- Age at Departure: 64
- Died en Route
- Handcart Veterans Association. Handcart Veterans Association scrapbook, 1906-1914, folder 7.
- Historians Office Record of Members (Minnie Margetts file).
- "Immigration to Utah," Deseret News, 15 October 1856, 254.
- Josiah Rogerson, "Strong Men, Brave Women and Sturdy Children Crossed the Wilderness Afoot," Salt Lake Tribune, 4 January 1914.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 30 November 1856, 7, 69.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 242.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America