- Birth Date
- 22 February 1825
- Death Date
- 30 April 1914
Henry Augustus Squires
He traveled with his wife and five daughters, and his journey is also mentioned in the obituary of his daughter, Sarah. A sixth daughter was born in Echo Canyon.
The family sailed to America in 1856 on the ship Horizon.
- Age at Departure: 31
- Head of Household
- 1851 England and Wales Census.
- 1860 Utah Census.
- 1871 England Census.
- "Immigration to Utah," Deseret News, 15 October 1856, 254.
- Josiah Rogerson, "Strong Men, Brave Women and Sturdy Children Crossed the Wilderness Afoot," Salt Lake Tribune, 4 January 1914.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 30 November 1856, 7, 67.
- Patience L. Archer reminiscences, undated, 57-92.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 246.
- “State and Local Obituaries,” Salt Lake Telegram, 3 October 1939, 7.