- Birth Date
- 25 June 1826
- Death Date
- 10 November 1856
James came with his family and shared a PEF bond with Mary Ann Wylie, his mother-in-law, and Mary Murdoch.
The family sailed to America in 1856 on the ship Horizon.
- Age at Departure: 30
- Head of Household
- Died en Route
- Historical Department journal history of the Church, 1830-2008, 30 November 1856, 7.
- "Immigration to Utah," Deseret News, 15 October 1856, 254.
- Josiah Rogerson, "Strong Men, Brave Women and Sturdy Children Crossed the Wilderness Afoot," Salt Lake Tribune, 4 January 1914.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 236.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America