- Birth Date
- 9 August 1804
- Death Date
- October 1856
James sailed to America in 1856 on the ship Horizon, and the ship manifest shows his sister Jane Jemmett on the ship with him. Jane and her adopted daughter Annie came to Utah with the 1856 John A. Hunt pioneer company.
James was traveling to Utah with a group from Asten Rowent including John Jaques and the Loader family. He died before arriving in Utah, and his death date was recorded on church ordinance records.
- Age at Departure: 51
- Died en Route
- England Births and Christenings, 1538-1975
- "Immigration to Utah," Deseret News, 15 October 1856, 254.
- Josiah Rogerson, "Strong Men, Brave Women and Sturdy Children Crossed the Wilderness Afoot," Salt Lake Tribune, 4 January 1914.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 30 November 1856, 7, 73.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 256.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America