- Birth Date
- 1 April 1829
- Death Date
The company rosters shows his name as Walworth. Through the PEF, we see that James Blackham sent for Thomas and his son, William, who traveled with James' mother, Martha Blackham, and her family. When Thomas died on the trail, the Blackham family took his son William into their home, William died the following March.
The family sailed to America in 1856 on the ship Horizon.
- Age at Departure: 27
- Head of Household
- Died en Route
- 1851 England and Wales Census.
- England Marriages, 1538-1973.
- Handcart Veterans Association. Handcart Veterans Association scrapbook, 1906-1914, folder 7.
- Historians Office Record of Members (Minnie Margetts file).
- "Immigration to Utah," Deseret News, 15 October 1856, 254.
- Josiah Rogerson, "Strong Men, Brave Women and Sturdy Children Crossed the Wilderness Afoot," Salt Lake Tribune, 4 January 1914.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger A, p. 276.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 234.