- Birth Date
- 15 May 1815
- Death Date
- 15 January 1857
The family sailed to America in 1855 on the ship Emerald Isle.
Sarah and her husband Charles had two daughters, Sarah Jane and Mary, both of whom died in Iowa City, more than a month before the company began its journey.
- Age at Departure: 41
- Historical Department journal history of the Church, 1830-2008, 30 November 1856, 7.
- "Immigration to Utah," Deseret News, 15 October 1856, 254.
- Josiah Rogerson, "Strong Men, Brave Women and Sturdy Children Crossed the Wilderness Afoot," Salt Lake Tribune, 4 January 1914.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, 274.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America