- Birth Date
- 5 January 1815
- Death Date
- 9 March 1889
Josiah Wilson Hawkins
There is another Josiah Hawkins that traveled with the Canute Peterson Company in 1856. It is uncertain if these two men are one and the same. It is possible that Josiah's little company started their journey alone but later joined up with the larger Peterson company. Further research is needed.
- Age at Departure: 40
- Company Captain
- Head of Household
- Age at Departure: 49
- Out-and-Back Teamster
- Bullock, Thomas, [Letter], Latter-day Saints' Millennial Star, 20 December 1856, 811-13.
- "Captain William B. Preston, memorandum book, 1864," Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company church trains accounts 1861-1868, Captains' accounts 1862-1868.
- Captain William B. Preston Company (first ox train), manifests, 1864.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- “Freight Manifests, 1864, 1868.” In Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company church trains accounts 1861-1868, Freight manifests, 1861-1868, p. 12-31. (CR 376 8, Box 1, Folder 4)
- Idaho, Southeast Counties Obituaries, 1864-2007.
- John Jaques, "Some Reminiscences," Salt Lake Herald-Republican, 29 December 1878, 1.
- Utah, Territorial Militia Records, 1849-1877.