- Birth Date
- 22 August 1845
- Death Date
- 6 March 1935
Joseph was the son of Thomas and Sarah and traveled with them in 1856. However, several years later, Joseph crossed the plains again as he worked as an out-and-back teamster with the William Henry Chipman company in 1866.
The family sailed to America in 1856 on the ship Thornton.
Joseph's death certificate and the 1900 Census state that he was born 22 August 1845. However, it is important to note that other censuses imply that he was born sometime between 1844 and 1846.
- Age at Departure: 10
- Out-and-Back Teamster
- Age at Departure: 20
- 1851 England and Wales Census.
- 1860 United States Census
- 1870 United States Federal Census
- 1880 United States Federal Census
- 1900 United States Federal Census
- 1910 United States Federal Census
- 1920 United States Federal Census
- 1930 United States Federal Census
- “Captain Henry Chipman Co., 1866.” In Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company church trains accounts 1861-1868, Wards' accounts 1861-1868, Account book, 1866, 1868. (CR 376 8; Box 2; Folder 17; File 6-7, 55-58)
- Chipman, William H., Notebook, 1866.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 9 November 1856, 18.
- New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 202.
- Utah Death Certificates.