- Birth Date
- 7 April 1827
- Death Date
- 17 August 1891
Johan August Ahmanson
His wife and son were in the Hodgetts's company. He served as the leader of the Scandinavian Saints in the Willie company.
- Age at Departure: 29
- Chislett, John, "Narrative," in T. B. H. Stenhouse, The Rocky Mountain Saints: A Full and Complete History of the Mormons (1873), 313-32.
- Handcart Veterans Association. Handcart Veterans Association scrapbook, 1906-1914, folder 7.
- "Immigration to Utah," Deseret News, 15 October 1856, 254.
- James G. Willie Emigrating Company, Journal 1856 May-Nov., 16-53.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 9 November 1856, 29.
- Madsen, Peder, Diary 1856 Apr.-Sept., trans. Don H. Smith, 19-29.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 222.
- Rogerson, Josiah, "Captain J. G. Willie's Or, the Fourth Handcart Company of 1856 [No. 2]," Salt Lake Herald , 5 Jan. 1908.
- Rogerson, Josiah, Sr., "Strong Men, Brave Women and Sturdy Children Crossed the Wilderness Afoot," Salt Lake Tribune, 4 January 1914.
- Rogerson, Josiah. "Captain J. G. Willie's Or, the Fourth Handcart Company of 1856 [No. 1]," Salt Lake Herald, 15 December 1907, .
- Shrewsbury, Mary Burton, pseud., Reminiscence, in Mrs. T. B. H. [Fanny] Stenhouse, "Tell It All": The Story of a Life's Experience in Mormonism , 206-36. [John Chislett is actual author according to Ron Walker, Journal of Mormon History 1 (1974): 64]
- Smith, Marilyn Austin, Faithful Stewards--the Life of James Gray Willie and Elizabeth Ann Pettit, 95-120.
- Willie, James G., "Synopsis of the Fourth Hand Cart Company's Trip from England to G.S.L. City in 1856." In Historian's Office history of the Church, 1839-circa 1882, 9 November 1856, 966-83.
- Woodward, W., to Albert Jones, Handcart Veterans Association, 12 Sep. 1906. Handcart Veterans Association, Scrapbook, 1906-1914, fd. 2.
- Woodward, William, Journal, in Utah State Historical Society Cache Valley Chapter, Historical resource materials for Cache Valley, Utah-Idaho, 1955-1956, reel 4, item 2e.
- Woodward, William, Letter, 1907 to Joseph F. Smith, in Utah State Historical Society Cache Valley Chapter, Historical resource materials for Cache Valley, Utah-Idaho, 1955-1956, reel 5, item 1ab.
- Woodward, William, to Wilford Woodruff, 17 Feb. 1857, in [Papers and rosters relating to emigration companies] 1846-1860s.