- Birth Date
- 19 July 1829
- Death Date
She sailed to America in 1856 on the ship Enoch Train, and was listed as a "Spinster" on the ship manifest. Her given name is Castina on the roster and she left the company at Fort Laramie.
- Age at Departure: 26
- "Immigration to Utah," Deseret News, 15 October 1856, 254.
- James G. Willie Emigrating Company journal, 1856 May-November, 16-53.
- Josiah Rogerson, "Captain J. G. Willie's Or, the Fourth Handcart Company of 1856," Salt Lake Herald-Republican, 5 January 1908.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 9 November 1856, 26.
- Marilyn Austin Smith, Faithful Stewards--the Life of James Gray Willie and Elizabeth Ann Pettit, 95-120.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 174.
- "Synopsis of the Fourth Hand Cart Company's Trip from England to G.S.L. City in 1856." In Historian's Office history of the Church, 1839-circa 1882, 9 November 1856, 966-83.