- Birth Date
- 13 August 1816
- Death Date
- 4 March 1887
Margaret Ann Caldwell
Margaret Ann McFall
The roster published in the Deseret News indicates she traveled with her family, was from Scotland, and lists her surname as Calchwell. Birth date confirmed by Millcreek Ward records at the time of a rebaptism on 15 March 1857. After her arrival, she married Nathaniel Bennett. She is listed under this married name in the Millcreek records. Same records also indicate she was from Ireland, rather than Scotland.
The family sailed to America in 1856 on the ship Thornton.
- Age at Departure: 39
- Head of Household
- Bennett, Margaret Ann McFall Caldwell, Reminiscences, 4-5. (Trail excerpt transcribed from "Pioneer History Collection" available at Pioneer Memorial Museum [Daughters of Utah Pioneers Museum], Salt Lake City, Utah. Some restrictions apply.)
- Caldwell, Thomas, Reminiscence, in Allphin, Jolene, "Tell My Story, Too," 13-14.
- "Immigration to Utah," Deseret News, 15 October 1856, 254.
- Josiah Rogerson, "Strong Men, Brave Women and Sturdy Children Crossed the Wilderness Afoot," Salt Lake Tribune, 4 January 1914.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 9 November 1856, 26.
- Millcreek Ward, Record of Members. (CR 375 8, Reel 4200)
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 210.
- Southworth, Agnes Caldwell, [Autobiographical sketch], in Susan Arrington Madsen, I Walked to Zion , 57-59.