- Birth Date
- 19 October 1828
- Death Date
- 7 February 1920
Niels Lars Christensen
Niels Lars Christensen traveled from Hilbrod, Denmark, to the Salt Lake Valley with the John E. Forsgren Company in 1853.
At the end of a mission, Niels Lars traveled with independent wagons as an interpreter and counselor to the Danish Saints traveling to the Salt Lake Valley in the James G. Willie Company in 1856.
His name appears as “N. L. Christiansen” on the company rosters. However, his death certificate and the inscription on his gravestone confirm the spelling of his surname.
- Age at Departure: 24
- Age at Departure: 27
- Find a Grave (Website)
- "Immigration to Utah," Deseret News, 15 October 1856, 254.
- James G. Willie Emigrating Company journal, 1856 May-November, 16-53.
- Josiah Rogerson, "Captain J. G. Willie's Or, the Fourth Handcart Company of 1856," Salt Lake Herald-Republican, 5 January 1908.
- Manuscript history of the John E. Forsgren Emigrating Company, circa 1930, 18-35.
- Marilyn Austin Smith, Faithful Stewards--the Life of James Gray Willie and Elizabeth Ann Pettit, 95-120.
- Peder Madsen diary, 1856 April-September translated by Don H. Smith, 19-29.
- Rebaptisms in Great Salt Lake Valley: 1847-1854 : index.
- Smith, Don, personal conversation, 9 Mar. 2005
- "Synopsis of the Fourth Hand Cart Company's Trip from England to G.S.L. City in 1856." In Historian's Office history of the Church, 1839-circa 1882, 9 November 1856, 966-83.
- Warnick, Irvin Leroy, Warnick, Irvin Leroy, Our Own Sevier: A Comprehensive Centennial Volume, Sevier County, Utah, 1865-1965 , 362-63.
- William Woodward journal in Historical resource materials for Cache Valley, Utah-Idaho, 1955-1956.