- Birth Date
- 25 July 1815
- Death Date
- 9 October 1856
Samuel, his wife Eliza and children Alfred, Jane, William, Samuel Jr., Mary, Sarah, Daniel, and Isaac sailed to America in 1856 on the ship Thornton.
He came with his wife and children.
- Age at Departure: 40
- Head of Household
- Died en Route
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Gadd, Alfred, Diary 1856 June-Nov., 1-6.
- "Immigration to Utah," Deseret News, 15 October 1856, 254.
- Josiah Rogerson, "Strong Men, Brave Women and Sturdy Children Crossed the Wilderness Afoot," Salt Lake Tribune, 4 January 1914.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 9 November 1856, 21.
- Linford, John, Diary 1856 Apr.-May, fd. 1, fd. 2.
- Marilyn Austin Smith, Faithful Stewards--the Life of James Gray Willie and Elizabeth Ann Pettit, 95-120.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 204.
- Rogerson, Josiah. "Captain J. G. Willie's Or, the Fourth Handcart Company of 1856 [No. 1]," Salt Lake Herald, 15 December 1907, .