- Birth Date
- 31 August 1828
- Death Date
- 16 September 1905
The company he traveled with was noted in local church financial records.
The family sailed to America in 1856 on the ship Thornton.
- Age at Departure: 26
- Head of Household
- "Immigration to Utah," Deseret News, 15 October 1856, 254.
- Josiah Rogerson, "Captain J. G. Willie's Or, the Fourth Handcart Company of 1856 (No. 1)," Salt Lake Herald, 15 December 1907, 5.
- Josiah Rogerson, "Strong Men, Brave Women and Sturdy Children Crossed the Wilderness Afoot," Salt Lake Tribune, 4 January 1914.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 9 November 1856, 22.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1848-1886, Ledger B, p. 214.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America