- Birth Date
- 3 May 1831
- Death Date
- 16 April 1897
Ann crossed the Atlantic on the ship Thornton with her three-year-old son Charles Martin Herbert and her sixteen-year-old sister Hannah Herbert in 1856. While crossing the plains she married Richard Godfey, a fellow passenger from the Thornton (see page 18 of the James G. Willie Emigrating Journal.) Her surname was Rynearson at the time of her death.
- Age at Departure: 25
- Head of Household
- "Immigration to Utah," Deseret News, 15 October 1856, 254.
- James G. Willie Emigrating Company journal, 1856 May-November, 16-53.
- Josiah Rogerson, "Captain J. G. Willie's Or, the Fourth Handcart Company of 1856 (No. 1)," Salt Lake Herald, 15 December 1907, 5.
- Josiah Rogerson, "Strong Men, Brave Women and Sturdy Children Crossed the Wilderness Afoot," Salt Lake Tribune, 4 January 1914.
- Marilyn Austin Smith, Faithful Stewards--the Life of James Gray Willie and Elizabeth Ann Pettit, 95-120.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 218.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- "The Dead," Deseret News, 24 April 1897, 608.
- Utah Death Registers, 1847-1966.