- Birth Date
- About 1806
- Death Date
- 27 October 1870
Rose sailed to America in 1856 on the ship Thornton, and the ship manifest lists her as a "spinster," age 50. She later married Abraham Smith.
In some sources her surname is listed as "Key," or "Kay."
Rebaptism record lists her birth year as 1808.
Her death date is confirmed by the inscription on her gravestone.
- Age at Departure: 48
- Find a Grave (Website)
- "Immigration to Utah," Deseret News, 15 October 1856, 254.
- Josiah Rogerson, "Captain J. G. Willie's Or, the Fourth Handcart Company of 1856 (No. 1)," Salt Lake Herald, 15 December 1907, 5.
- Josiah Rogerson, "Strong Men, Brave Women and Sturdy Children Crossed the Wilderness Afoot," Salt Lake Tribune, 4 January 1914.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 9 November 1856, 20.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 208.
- Twentieth Ward, Record of members collection, 1836-1970.