- Birth Date
- 25 July 1812
- Death Date
- 3 October 1856
The family sailed to America in 1856 on the ship Thornton.
Peter's death date is confirmed by the company journal.
In some sources his given name is listed as "Peder."
- Age at Departure: 43
- Head of Household
- Died en Route
- "Immigration to Utah," Deseret News, 15 October 1856, 254.
- James G. Willie Emigrating Company journal, 1856 May-November, 16-53.
- Josiah Rogerson, "Captain J. G. Willie's Or, the Fourth Handcart Company of 1856 [No. 1]," Salt Lake Herald, 15 December 1907, 5.
- Josiah Rogerson, "Strong Men, Brave Women and Sturdy Children Crossed the Wilderness Afoot," Salt Lake Tribune, 4 January 1914.
- Peder Madsen diary, 1856 April-September translated by Don H. Smith, 19-29.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 226.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America