- Birth Date
- 26 April 1820
- Death Date
- 24 April 1906
Jens, his wife, and son sailed to America in 1856 on the ship Thornton
Bodil Maline Mortensen the daughter of friends from Denmark, traveled on to Utah with the family.
- Age at Departure: 36
- Head of Household
- "Immigration to Utah," Deseret News, 15 October 1856, 254.
- James G. Willie Emigrating Company journal, 1856 May-November, 16-53.
- Josiah Rogerson, "Captain J. G. Willie's Or, the Fourth Handcart Company of 1856 [No. 1]," Salt Lake Herald, 15 December 1907, 5.
- Marilyn Austin Smith, Faithful Stewards--the Life of James Gray Willie and Elizabeth Ann Pettit, 95-120.
- Nielson, Jens, Autobiography.
- Peder Madsen diary, 1856 April-September translated by Don H. Smith, 19-29.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.