- Birth Date
- 28 March 1814
- Death Date
- 21 October 1891
The family sailed to America in 1855 on the ship Emerald Isle.
His birth and death dates are confirmed by the inscription on his gravestone and the Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.
- Age at Departure: 42
- Head of Household
- "Immigration to Utah," Deseret News, 15 October 1856, 254.
- Josiah Rogerson, "Captain J. G. Willie's Or, the Fourth Handcart Company of 1856 [No. 1]," Salt Lake Herald, 15 December 1907, 5.
- Josiah Rogerson, "Strong Men, Brave Women and Sturdy Children Crossed the Wilderness Afoot," Salt Lake Tribune, 4 January 1914.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 9 November 1856, 21.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 272.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.