- Birth Date
- 8 April 1820
- Death Date
- 7 January 1900
Jens O. Petersen
The company he traveled with was noted in local church financial records. His name is listed as "James O. Petersen" on the Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.
The family sailed to America in 1856 on the ship Thornton.
- Age at Departure: 36
- Head of Household
- Historian's Office Local Unit Financial Records, Cache Stake. Film 122, item 2, p. 14. (CR 100 300)
- "Immigration to Utah," Deseret News, 15 October 1856, 254.
- Josiah Rogerson, "Captain J. G. Willie's Or, the Fourth Handcart Company of 1856 [No. 1]," Salt Lake Herald, 15 December 1907, 5.
- Josiah Rogerson, "Strong Men, Brave Women and Sturdy Children Crossed the Wilderness Afoot," Salt Lake Tribune, 4 January 1914.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 9 November 1856, 27.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 226.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.