- Birth Date
- 21 December 1801
- Death Date
- 1 October 1856
He was a supply wagon teamster and clerk.
The family sailed to America in 1856 on the ship Thornton.
- Age at Departure: 54
- Head of Household
- Died en Route
- Hurren, Emma and Gretta Camp. "Life Sketch of My Grandmother, Emma Hurren Woolf."
- "Immigration to Utah," Deseret News, 15 October 1856, 254.
- James G. Willie Emigrating Company journal, 1856 May-November, 16-53.
- Josiah Rogerson, "Strong Men, Brave Women and Sturdy Children Crossed the Wilderness Afoot," Salt Lake Tribune, 4 January 1914.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 9 November 1856, 19.
- Levi Savage journal, 1855 March-1858 October.
- Marilyn Austin Smith, Faithful Stewards--the Life of James Gray Willie and Elizabeth Ann Pettit, 95-120.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 204.
- Reeder, Adolph Madsen, Writings [ca. 1953].
- Reeder, Robert, History of Robert Reeder, 2-6. (Trail excerpt transcribed from "Pioneer History Collection" available at Pioneer Memorial Museum [Daughters of Utah Pioneers Museum], Salt Lake City, Utah. Some restrictions apply.)
- Rogerson, Josiah. "Captain J. G. Willie's Or, the Fourth Handcart Company of 1856 [No. 1]," Salt Lake Herald, 15 December 1907, .
- Woodward, William, Journal, in Utah State Historical Society Cache Valley Chapter, Historical resource materials for Cache Valley, Utah-Idaho, 1955-1956, reel 4, item 2e.