- Birth Date
- 20 March 1833
- Death Date
- 28 March 1900
John and Charlotte Richins had a daughter, Hannah Louisa, who traveled with them, but died on July 12, three days before the company departed from Iowa City.
The family sailed to America in 1856 on the ship Thornton.
- Age at Departure: 23
- Head of Household
- James G. Willie Emigrating Company journal, 1856 May-November, 16-53.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 9 November 1856, 2.
- Marilyn Austin Smith, Faithful Stewards--the Life of James Gray Willie and Elizabeth Ann Pettit, 95-120.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 212
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America