- Birth Date
- 15 December 1814
- Death Date
- 16 October 1856
He sailed to America in 1856 on the ship Thornton.
FamilySearch shows that John Roberts married a woman by the name of "Mary Bubb," but the marriage record in England shows her maiden name as "Babb."
England marriage records show John Roberts marrying a woman by the name of "Mary Babb." Indications are that she may not be the Mary Bubb that John married. Mary Roberts and a John Roberts were on the same ship, but the ship manifest lists them on separate pages, not traveling together as a family. Further research is needed to determine if they were indeed man and wife.
- Age at Departure: 41
- Died en Route
- England Marriages, 1538-1973.
- "Immigration to Utah," Deseret News, 15 October 1856, 254.
- James G. Willie Emigrating Company journal, 1856 May-November, 16-53.
- Josiah Rogerson, "Captain J. G. Willie's Or, the Fourth Handcart Company of 1856 (No. 1)," Salt Lake Herald, 15 December 1907, 5.
- Josiah Rogerson, "Strong Men, Brave Women and Sturdy Children Crossed the Wilderness Afoot," Salt Lake Tribune, 4 January 1914.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 9 November 1856, 2.
- Marilyn Austin Smith, Faithful Stewards--the Life of James Gray Willie and Elizabeth Ann Pettit, 95-120.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 200.