- Birth Date
- 5 December 1807
- Death Date
- 19 March 1888
Ann's birth and death dates are confirmed by the inscription on her gravestone. She was a widow.
The family sailed to America in 1856 on the ship Thornton.
- Age at Departure: 48
- Head of Household
- "Deaths," Deseret News , 4 Apr. 1888, 192.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- "Immigration to Utah," Deseret News, 15 October 1856, 254.
- Josiah Rogerson, "Strong Men, Brave Women and Sturdy Children Crossed the Wilderness Afoot," Salt Lake Tribune, 4 January 1914.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, November 1856, 24.
- Marilyn Austin Smith, Faithful Stewards--the Life of James Gray Willie and Elizabeth Ann Pettit, 95-120.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1848-1886, Ledger B, p. 214.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger A, p. 301.
- Rogerson, Josiah. "Captain J. G. Willie's Or, the Fourth Handcart Company of 1856 [No. 1]," Salt Lake Herald, 15 December 1907, .
- Rowley, Ann Jewell, [Autobiography], in James Albert Jones, comp., Some Early Pioneers of Huntington, Utah and Surrounding Area (1980), 244-46.