- Birth Date
- 10 February 1844
- Death Date
- 2 December 1929
Rowley initially emigrated to the valley with his family in 1856. However, he crossed the plains again several years later when he worked as a teamster for Daniel Thompson's out-and-back company in 1866.
The family sailed to America in 1856 on the ship Thornton.
- Age at Departure: 11
- Age at Departure: 22
- Out-and-Back Teamster
- Captain Daniel Thompson, memoranda book (1), 1866.
- “Captain Daniel Thompson, memoranda book (2), 1866,” in Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company church trains accounts 1861-1868, Captains’ accounts 1862-1868.
- "Captain Daniel Thompson's (of Fillmore) Company." In Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company church trains accounts 1861-1868, Wards' accounts 1861-1868, Account book 1866 1868.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, November 1856, 24.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1848-1886, Ledger B, p. 214.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger A, p. 155.
- Richard Rowley life sketch, Rowley family collection, circa 1990, 1.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America