- Birth Date
- 23 March 1820
- Death Date
- 13 December 1910
Levi Savage Jr.
Levi Jr. joined the Mormon Battalion and in 1847, he traveled to the Salt Lake Valley with the Levi W. Hancock/Jefferson Hunt/James Pace/Andrew Lytle Company.
At the end of a mission, Levi traveled home with the James G. Willie Company in 1856. He was the Captain of the 2nd hundred.
- Age at Departure: 27
- Age at Departure: 36
- Cantwell, James Sherlock, Autobiography, reel 3, item 30, 1-3.
- Dixon, Loleta Wiscombe, [Willie Handcart Company and William James].
- George Cunningham journal, 1876; 1885 August-1886 January, Reminiscences, 1876, 2-5.
- Goodwin, Betsey Smith, "The Tired Mother: Pioneer Recollections," Improvement Era, July 1919, 775-81.
- "Immigration to Utah," Deseret News, 15 October 1856, 254.
- James G. Willie Emigrating Company journal, 1856 May-November, 16-53.
- James Pace papers, 1846-1861, Diary, 1846 July-1847 October, 53-66.
- John Ahmanson, Secret History: a Translation of Vor Tid Muhamed, translated by Gleason L Archer (1984), 28-35.
- John Chislett "Narrative" in The Rocky Mountain Saints: A Full and Complete History of the Mormons by Thomas B. H. Stenhouse (1873), 313-32.
- Josiah Rogerson, "Captain J. G. Willie's Or, the Fourth Handcart Company of 1856," Salt Lake Herald-Republican, 5 January 1908.
- Levi Savage journal, 1855 March-1858 October.
- Linford, Amasa Christian, [Autobiography], in James Henry Linford, Autobiography of James Henry Linford , 63-67.
- Marilyn Austin Smith, Faithful Stewards--the Life of James Gray Willie and Elizabeth Ann Pettit, 95-120.
- Mary Burton Shrewsbury (pseudonym), "Reminiscence" in "Tell It All": The Story of a Life's Experience in Mormonism by Fanny W. Stenhouse (1874), 206-36. According to Ron Walker, John Chislett is actual author. See: Journal of Mormon History 1 (1974): 64.
- "Obituary," Deseret Evening News , 24 Dec. 1910, 5.
- Peder Madsen diary, 1856 April-September translated by Don H. Smith, 19-29.
- Ricketts, Norma Baldwin. The Mormon Battalion: U.S. Army of the West, 1846-1848, Logan, Utah: Utah State University Press, 1996, 23.
- Rogerson, Josiah. "Captain J. G. Willie's Or, the Fourth Handcart Company of 1856 [No. 1]," Salt Lake Herald, 15 December 1907, .
- Rowley, Ann Jewell, [Autobiography], in James Albert Jones, comp., Some Early Pioneers of Huntington, Utah and Surrounding Area (1980), 244-46.
- "Synopsis of the Fourth Hand Cart Company's Trip from England to G.S.L. City in 1856." In Historian's Office history of the Church, 1839-circa 1882, 9 November 1856, 966-83.
- William Woodward letter to Joseph F. Smith, 1907, in Utah State Historical Society Cache Valley Chapter in Historical resource materials for Cache Valley, Utah-Idaho, 1955-1956.
- Woodward, W., to Albert Jones, Handcart Veterans Association, 12 Sep. 1906. Handcart Veterans Association, Scrapbook, 1906-1914, fd. 2.
- Woodward, William, Journal, in Utah State Historical Society Cache Valley Chapter, Historical resource materials for Cache Valley, Utah-Idaho, 1955-1956, reel 4, item 2e.
- Woodward, William, to Wilford Woodruff, 17 Feb. 1857, in [Papers and rosters relating to emigration companies] 1846-1860s.