- Birth Date
- 24 May 1817
- Death Date
She came to America in 1856 on the ship Thornton. No other Stanley family members are on the ship manifest with her, and she is listed there as a wife.
The inscription on her gravestone shows her name as "Elizabeth Jonet Thomas," and it confirms the years of her birth and death. Her christening record shows her maiden name as "Gent."
- Age at Departure: 39
- England Births and Christenings, 1538-1975
- Historical Department journal history of the Church, 1830-2008, 1856 October-December, 9 November 1856, 19.
- "Immigration to Utah," Deseret News, 15 October 1856, 254.
- Josiah Rogerson, "Captain J. G. Willie's Or, the Fourth Handcart Company of 1856 [No. 1]," Salt Lake Herald, 15 December 1907, 5.
- Josiah Rogerson, "Strong Men, Brave Women and Sturdy Children Crossed the Wilderness Afoot," Salt Lake Tribune, 4 January 1914.
- Moulton, Sarah to Mark H. Forscutt, 13 Aug. 1856, in Mark H. Forscutt, Journal #5, 1856 Apr. 7-Oct. 31, reel 1, 308-10, in Mark Hill Forscutt, Journal 1855-1900.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1848-1886, Ledger B, p. 214.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America