- Birth Date
- 22 January 1804
- Death Date
- 14 October 1862
He came from England with his wife Ann Wood Wheeler, daughter Mary, and daughter, Mariah Wall. Evidence that he came in 1856 is confirmed in information found in 1857 Church financial records.
The family sailed to America in 1856 on the ship Thornton.
- Age at Departure: 52
- Head of Household
- "Immigration to Utah," Deseret News, 15 October 1856, 254.
- Josiah Rogerson, "Strong Men, Brave Women and Sturdy Children Crossed the Wilderness Afoot," Salt Lake Tribune, 4 January 1914.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 9 November 1856, 22.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1848-1886, Ledger B, p. 214.
- Rogerson, Josiah. "Captain J. G. Willie's Or, the Fourth Handcart Company of 1856 [No. 1]," Salt Lake Herald, 15 December 1907, .