- Birth Date
- 14 November 1822
- Death Date
- 19 June 1894
Francis Almon Brown Sr.
Francis Almon Brown traveled to the Salt Lake Valley with his new wife, Harriet Annis Canfield, and two sons, Charles Canfield Brown and Francis Almon Brown, Jr. in the Philemon C. Merrill Company in 1856. He was the company Chaplain.
In the Spring of 1865, Francis was called on a mission to Holland and England. At the end of that mission, he returned home with the Edward T. Mumford Company in 1868, and acted as company chaplain.
Death date is confirmed by his burial record.
- Age at Departure: 33
- Age at Departure: 45
- Returning Missionary
- 1860 Utah Census, Weber County.
- "Emigrants for Utah," Deseret News, 6 August 1856, 8.
- Francis A. Brown Journal, 1867 September – 1868 September.
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- "The Immigration," Semi-Weekly Telegraph, 24 September 1868, 2.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.