- Birth Date
- About 1848
- Death Date
Sarah Ann R. Ballan
Daughter of William and Ann Ballan. The Ballan family emigrated from England. William, Ann, and Sarah are located in the same household in Utah, according to 1860 census records. Some sources list her given name as "Sarah A."
Sarah's name is listed as "Rachel" on the 1856 Enoch Train ship manifest with her mother and brother.
- Age at Departure: 8
- 1860 Utah Census, Salt Lake County.
- "Immigration to Utah," Deseret News, 15 October 1856, 254.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 15 December 1856, 3.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 152.
- “W. B. Hodgetts Company report, 1856.” In Brigham Young office emigrating companies reports 1850-1862, Reports 1856-1862. (CR 1234 5, Box 1, Folder 48)