- Birth Date
- 11 October 1813
- Death Date
- 19 January 1876
William emigrated from England along with his wife, Ann, and their two children. William, Ann, and Sarah are located in the same household in Utah, according to 1860 census records. Utah death records confirm his birth date and death date.
His name does not appear on the 1856 Enoch Train ship manifest with his wife and children.
- Age at Departure: 42
- Head of Household
- 1860 Utah Census, Salt Lake County.
- England Marriages, 1538-1973.
- "Immigration to Utah," Deseret News, 15 October 1856, 254.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 15 December 1856, 3.
- Utah, Salt Lake County Death Records, 1849-1949.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.
- “W. B. Hodgetts Company report, 1856.” In Brigham Young office emigrating companies reports 1850-1862, Reports 1856-1862. (CR 1234 5, Box 1, Folder 48)