- Birth Date
- 27 May 1834
- Death Date
- 14 March 1922
He was among the small group of men who remained behind at Devil's Gate until spring to guard the personal belongings of the emigrants who had been rescued.
- Age at Departure: 22
- Head of Household
- 1900 Utah Census.
- Cooper, John. Statement, 10 October 1916.
- Daniel W. Jones, Forty Years Among the Indians (Salt Lake City: Juvenile Instructor Office, 1890), 62-75.
- England Births and Christenings, 1538-1975
- Handcart Veterans Association. Handcart Veterans Association scrapbook, 1906-1914, folder 7.
- "Immigration to Utah," Deseret News, 15 October 1856, 254.
- Jaques, John, [Minutes of meeting at Devil's Gate, 9 November 1856], in John Jaques, Collection, 1846-1920.
- Josiah Rogerson, "Strong Men, Brave Women and Sturdy Children Crossed the Wilderness Afoot," Salt Lake Tribune, 4 January 1914.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 15 December 1856, 2.
- "Prominent Millard Stake Church Worker Laid at Final Rest," Deseret Evening News , 20 Mar. 1922, 2.
- W. B. Hodgetts Company report, 1856.