- Birth Date
- 28 March 1814
- Death Date
- 14 December 1905
The Haven family initially traveled to the Salt Lake Valley with the Edward Hunter Company in 1850. The Haven family included Jesse, his wife Martha Spring Hall, and their daughter Martha. Jesse was a Captain of Ten.
In 1856, Jesse a returning missionary and led a separate handcart company all the way across Iowa. At Florence, his handcart company was merged into the Martin Company. He began traveling in Hunt's wagon company and about 1-2 September, he left the Hunt company and began traveling in Hodgetts' wagon Company.
His death date is confirmed by his death certificate.
- Age at Departure: 36
- Head of Household
- Age at Departure: 42
- 1850 Utah Census.
- Cantwell, James to S. S. Jones, Handcart Veterans Association, 28 Sep. 1906. Handcart Veterans Association, Scrapbook, 1906-1914f, fd 2.
- Dan Jones Emigrating Company journal, 1856 May-December.
- Elizabeth W. [Sermon] Camm letter, San Francisco, California, to My Dear Children, 1892 March 16.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Hamilton, Henry, Journals -1900, fd. 2, vol. 3.
- Harvey H. Cluff autobiography, journals, and scrapbook, 1868-1916, Autobiography, 1868-1888,18-25.
- Haven, Jesse, to Brigham Young, October 9, 1856, Fort Laramie, in Brigham Young, Office Files 1832-1878, box 24, fd. 21.
- Hunter, Edward and Robert Campbell, to Brigham Young, 17 July 1850, in Brigham Young, Office Files 1832-1878, reel 31, box 22, fd. 1.
- "Immigration to Utah," Deseret News, 15 October 1856, 254.
- Jaques, John, [Diary], in Stella Jaques Bell, Life History and Writings of John Jaques , 118-22, 129, 134-37, 140-41, 143-44, 150.
- Jesse Haven journals, 1852-1892, folders 4-5. URL will open folder 4.
- Jones, Albert William, Notes [ca. 1918].
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint, Supplement after 31 December 1850, 7, 9.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 15 December 1856, 5.
- Utah, Deaths and Burials, 1888-1946.
- Utah Death Certificates.
- “W. B. Hodgetts Company report, 1856.” In Brigham Young office emigrating companies reports 1850-1862, Reports 1856-1862. (CR 1234 5, Box 1, Folder 48)
- William L. Spicer Binder biography and journal, undated, 8-19.
- Woodward, William, Journal, in Utah State Historical Society Cache Valley Chapter, Historical resource materials for Cache Valley, Utah-Idaho, 1955-1956, reel 4, item 2e.