- Birth Date
- 23 March 1787
- Death Date
- 18 August 1875
There are a number of references to him in journals kept by people in Brigham Young's company, but he was a marshal of the camp in Kimball's company and is on the roster of that company. Kimball and Young's companies traveled in close proximity.
- Age at Departure: 61
- 1850 Utah Census, Salt Lake County.
- A Mormon chronicle: the Diaries of John D. Lee, 1848-1876 edited and annotated by Robert Glass Cleland and Juanita Brooks (1955), 1:30-79.
- Camp of Israel schedules and reports, 1845-1849.
- Curtis E. Bolton reminiscences and journals, 1846-1853, "Patriarchal blessing, journal, and poems, 1838-1866," 14-15.
- Heber C. Kimball journals, 1848 June-July and 1848 July-September, in Heber C. Kimball papers, 1837-1866.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1848, 5.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger A, p. 155.
- Thomas Bullock journals, 1843-1849, Journal, 1848 May-September.