- Birth Date
- 21 November 1809
- Death Date
- 4 October 1856
Thomas traveled with his wife, son and mother-in-law. The family sailed to America in 1856 on the ship Horizon.
- Age at Departure: 46
- Head of Household
- Died en Route
- England Births and Christenings, 1538-1975
- Grant, George D., "The Companies Yet on the Plains," Deseret News [Weekly], 19 November 1856, 293.
- Hamilton, Henry, Journals -1900, fd. 2, vol. 3.
- Haven, Jesse, to Brigham Young, October 9, 1856, Fort Laramie, in Brigham Young, Office Files 1832-1878, box 24, fd. 21.
- Hodgetts, Emily, Autobiographical sketch, item 3, 37-39, in Daughters of Utah Pioneers, Garfield County Chapter, Biographies and History of Garfield County Pioneers.
- "Immigration to Utah," Deseret News, 15 October 1856, 254.
- Jesse Haven journals, 1852-1892, folders 4-5. URL will open folder 4.
- John Bond, Handcarts West in '56.
- Lowder, Emily Hodgetts, Reminiscences, 5. Trail excerpt transcribed from "Pioneer History Collection" available at Pioneer Memorial Museum [Daughters of Utah Pioneers Museum], Salt Lake City, Utah. Some restrictions apply.
- W. B. Hodgetts Company report, 1856.