- Christening Date
- About 1837
- Death Date
George emigrated from England 18 February 1856 via the ship Caravan. No other family members accompanied him. He was a teamster in the 1856 Hodgetts Company and was among the small group of men who remained behind at Devil's Gate until spring to guard the personal belongings of the emigrants who had been rescued.
- Age at Departure: 19
- Out-and-Back Teamster
- Cooper, John. Statement, 10 October 1916.
- England and Wales Census, 1851.
- Handcart Veterans Association. Handcart Veterans Association scrapbook, 1906-1914, folder 7.
- "Immigration to Utah," Deseret News, 15 October 1856, 254.
- Jaques, John, [Minutes of meeting at Devil's Gate, 9 November 1856], in John Jaques, Collection, 1846-1920.
- Jones, Daniel W., Forty Years Among the Indians (1890), 62-75.
- Josiah Rogerson, "Strong Men, Brave Women and Sturdy Children Crossed the Wilderness Afoot," Salt Lake Tribune, 4 January 1914.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 15 December 1856, 4.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 30 November 1856, 7.
- “W. B. Hodgetts Company report, 1856.” In Brigham Young office emigrating companies reports 1850-1862, Reports 1856-1862. (CR 1234 5, Box 1, Folder 48)