- Birth Date
- 15 June 1832
- Death Date
- 18 July 1901
John Frederick Ferdinand Dorius
John was a Captain of a division in the Christian Christiansen Company (1857). He is shown on the ship list with the Lars Frandzen family. His brother Carl Christian Nikolai and his wife Ellen also traveled in the Christian Christiansen Company in 1857.
The Frandzen and Dorius families sailed from Liverpool on the "Westmoreland" on 25 April 1857. They arrived in Philadelphia on 31 May 1857.
He later traveled with the Peter Nebeker Company (1863) as a returning missionary.
- Age at Departure: 24
- Head of Household
- Age at Departure: 31
- Returning Missionary
- 1900 Utah Census.
- Anthon H. Lund, Scandinavian Jubilee Album (Salt Lake City: Deseret News, 1900).
- C. C. A. Christensen, "By Handcart to Utah: The Account of C. C. A. Christensen," translated by Richard L. Jensen, Nebraska History 66 (1985): 332-48.
- C. C. N. Dorius in Our Pioneer Heritage, vol. 2, 262.
- Dorius, C. C. N., [Journal], in Earl N. Dorius, The Dorius Heritage , 107.
- Dorius, C. C. N., Autobiography of Carl Christian Nicoli Dorius, 19-21. Trail excerpt transcribed from "Pioneer History Collection" available at Pioneer Memorial Museum [Daughters of Utah Pioneers Museum], Salt Lake City, Utah. Some restrictions apply.
- Dorius, Carl C. N., Letter, in Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 24 Sept. 1863, 1.
- "Excerpts from the Journal of John F. F. Dorius," Church emigration, 1857.
- Handcart Veterans Association. Handcart Veterans Association scrapbook, 1906-1914, folder 6.
- Handcart Veterans Association. Handcart Veterans Association scrapbook, 1906-1914, folder 7.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 13 September 1857, 25.
- Lever, W. H. History of Sanpete and Emery Counties, Utah: With Sketches of Cities, Towns, and Villages; Chronology of Important Events; Records of Indian Wars; Portraits of Prominent Persons, and Biographies of Representative Citizens (Salt Lake City: Tribune Job Printing Co, 1898), 309
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund Ledger Index, [1992, 2013].
- Richardson, Arthur Merle, The life and ministry of John Morgan : "For a wise and glorious purpose" ... , Nicholas G. Morgan, Sr., historical research and publication [Salt Lake City : s.n., c1965], 25-30.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Thomassen, Peter Olaff, Report, in Andrew Jenson, History of the Scandinavian Mission , 178-79.