- Birth Date
- 11 March 1837
- Death Date
- 12 January 1905
John traveled with his parents, Lars and Martha Maria Johansen Frantzen, and his sister, Karen, and her husband. They traveled to the Salt Lake Valley in the Christian Christiansen Company in 1857. The Frandzen family sailed from Liverpool on the "Westmoreland" on 25 April 1857. They arrived in Philadelphia on 31 May 1857.
He was an out-and-back teamster.
- Age at Departure: 20
- Age at Departure: 23
- "Death of John Frantzen," Manti Messenger , 19 Jan. 1905, 1.
- Frantzen, John, Autobiographical sketch, in Biographical sketches 1891- , reel 38, box 38, fd. 14, item 19.
- John Frantzen reminiscence and journal, 1889-1892, 29-39.
- Lund, Anthon H. Scandinavian Jubilee Album (Salt Lake City: Deseret News, 1900).
- The Journal of John Frantzen 1837-1905 edited by Shirley Janet Clare Sobol, 21-24.
- Utah Death Certificates.