- Birth Date
- 12 April 1829
- Death Date
- 9 March 1898
Karen Marie Gottfredson
Karen Marie Pedersen
Karen sailed to the United States on the ship John J. Boyd from Dec. 1855 - Feb. 1856. She traveled with her mother, Anne, and some other family members.
Later, in 1856, she married the recently widowed Jens Gottfredson and helped to take care of his children.
In 1857, the Gottfredson family only traveled about a hundred miles with the Christiansen company before halting near Genoa while the rest of the company proceeded. The reason for the break was that Karen had given birth prematurely to a baby named Platine. However, the baby died shortly thereafter. The family returned to Florence and traveled to Utah in 1858 in the Iversen company.
- Age at Departure: 28
- Age at Departure: 29
- 1880 Utah Census.
- "A Company of Saints," Deseret News [Weekly], 8 Sep. 1858, 118.
- Find a Grave
- Genealogy and Family Pioneer History. Mount Pleasant Historical Association
- Gottfredson, Peter, Autobiographical sketch [n.d.], 11-12.
- Gottfredson, Peter, Autobiographical sketch [n.d.], 12-13.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.