- Birth Date
- 21 December 1821
- Death Date
- 30 December 1889
James Pollock Park
James initially traveled from California to the Salt Lake Valley with the Ebenezer Brown Company in 1848 after serving in the Mormon Battalion. He was the 3rd Captain.
According to his obituary, on 15 September 1852 he left on a mission to the British Isles and was away from home a little over five years. He returned home in the fall of 1857, traveling with the Christian Christiansen Company as a Captain.
- Age at Departure: 26
- Age at Departure: 35
- 1850 Utah Census.
- "Another Veteran Gone," Deseret Evening News, 4 Feb. 1890, 3.
- C. C. A. Christensen, "By Handcart to Utah: The Account of C. C. A. Christensen," translated by Richard L. Jensen, Nebraska History 66 (1985): 332-48.
- Dorius, C. C. N., Autobiography of Carl Christian Nicoli Dorius, 19-21. (Trail excerpt transcribed from "Pioneer History Collection" available at Pioneer Memorial Museum [Daughters of Utah Pioneers Museum], Salt Lake City, Utah. Some restrictions apply.)
- Dorius, Johan F. F., [Journal], in "Church Emigration Book."
- Frederick Hansen, "The Great Handcart Train from Iowa City to Salt Lake City," Journal of History 9 (October 1916): 408-16.
- John Borrowman diaries, 1846-1860, Diary, 1848 July-1860 June.
- John Frantzen reminiscence and journal, 1889-1892, 29-39.
- Richards, S. W. and Briant Stringam, 18 Aug. 1857, in Brigham Young, Office Files 1832-1878, reel 35, box 25, fd. 23.
- Ricketts, Norma Baldwin, The Mormon Battalion: U.S. Army of the West, 1846-1848 , , 222-23.
- Ricketts, Norma Baldwin. The Mormon Battalion: U.S. Army of the West, 1846-1848, Logan, Utah: Utah State University Press, 1996, 23.
- Soren Jacobsen journal, 1855 September-1860 January, 8-23.