- Birth Date
- 2 October 1828
- Death Date
- 31 May 1896
Israel traveled to Utah as a returning Mormon Battalion veteran in the Jonathan H. Holmes/Samuel Thompson Company in 1848.
At the end of his mission, he traveled home as captain of the Israel Evans Company in 1857.
His birth and death dates are confirmed by the inscription on his gravestone.
- Age at Departure: 19
- Age at Departure: 28
- Company Captain
- "A Pioneer Gone," Lehi Banner, 4 June 1896, 1.
- Amos M. Musser, “Correspondence of Elder A. M. Musser,” The Mormon, 15 Aug. 1857, 3.
- Beck, Margaret Simmons Bennett, Sketch of Life of Margaret Simmons Bennett Beck, 3-4. Trail excerpt transcribed from "Pioneer History Collection" available at Pioneer Memorial Museum [Daughters of Utah Pioneers Museum], Salt Lake City, Utah. Some restrictions apply.
- Charles Neal autobiographical sketch, 1913.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Fishburn, Robert Leeming, "Pioneer Autobiographies," in Chronicles of Courage, 8 vols. [1990-97], 2:204-8.
- Hutchings, William Lawrence, Diary, 1857-1877, 10p.
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- Morgan, Evan Samuel. Diary of Evan Samuel Morgan.
- Norma Baldwin Ricketts, The Mormon Battalion: U.S. Army of the West, 1846-1848 (Logan, Utah: Utah State University Press, 1996), 222-23.
- Norma Baldwin Ricketts, The Mormon Battalion: U.S. Army of the West, 1846-1848 (Logan, Utah: Utah State University Press, 1996), 23.
- Roberts, Griffith, Reminiscence and diary [ca. 1865], 19-21.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Witbeck, Susan Melverton R., Autobiographical sketch [ca. 1898], 5-7.